Monday, August 12, 2013

Beat The Heat Readathon Update

Salaam Alaikum and Hello,

   So we are going into Readathon overtime.Thats just great!I love readathons.I have goals with my reading and writing and they help a lot in my accomplishing those goals.So Im on my eight book.I finished one trilogy toward my 2013 finish 5 series goal, and I am on a roll towards my 100 bk goal having read 56 books so far.
    I finished the Ghostgirl trilogy by Tonya Hurley and it was so entertaining.Its hard to believe, looking back as I read, that I survived high school with my psyche in tact.I loved reading this series.This is one case where the cover lived up to the content.I read the second volume,Black Edition of Deathnote by Tsugumi Ohba. I went out on a limb and added Manga to my reading repertoire and I am so glad I did. Volume two introduces two new characters- and the plot thickens. I've vlogged/blogged about how much I love Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead and The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. And I have just finished Speak by L.H.Anderson.Not since We Were The Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates have I been so emotional when reading. It's probably the first book in where an open ending is fitting.It allows every reader to have the ending they want.So it's safe to say that it has a happy ending after all.
   I will continue on with Death Comes To Pemberly by P.D. James. In this book Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice meets murder mystery.Then I will finish with Does My Head Look Big In This by Randa Abdel-Fattah.Im hoping that it's a bit funny.I was hoping to end this readathon on a funny note.
   So that's my update.I hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment