Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Evolution of Mara Dyer-Review

Salaam and Hello,

   What can I say about this book? I thought it was AWESOME!! Mara came undone in the first book and completely unraveled in this book.And she had some help from the most unlikely of sources. But there was a major aspect of her story I could identify with.
    I was young once,(a long time ago), and I remember adults selectively believing in the easier lies that the more difficult truths. It was easier to believe answers lay in drugs and bad influences. They in themselves are evil.Everyone can see it.But the possibility of the problem being the adult themselves is an impossibility. Why would it be? They are there to help. It is apparent to everyone that they love the child and want nothing but the best. So cut and dry,the line between good and bad.And this is what also plays out this book. Mara may be crazy, but she had help getting there and it comes from the most unlikely of places whether they,the adults,realize it or not.
     The line between good and evil is blurred- in this story, and in real life. Maria's mom think she is helping her daughter. I want to smack her because she is such a know-it-all. So trusting in the "system."Mara's father is clueless.He blindly follows his know-it-all wife, making himself a mediocre chofer. He does a better job as a lawyer than as a father. Her brother Daniel gives me a slight relief in my anger towards the family. He's smart, heck he's almost a genius, but he is a teenager in every sense of the word.I thought it cute the way he and Mara got along. I'm glad she has him.Without him Mara's life could be even more difficult than it is. Joseph is truly a kid.It is just hard to believe he is the way that he is- so innocent.Kids his age in the real world are such suckers.Sorry for associating him with such a word, but I can't think of any other. My younger brother spent the majority of his childhood ratting his older siblings out to our parents. But this is just a story, a work of fiction.
     Noah Shaw.He takes my words away.So cool,controlled,strong.I pity him and I am in love with him. Honestly, Noah Shaw could only exist in stories.And his parents aren't too good either. He has a father who's never there, and a step-mom who seems to be there just so that CPS doesn't remove him from the home.But even with her there I wonder how he hasn't been taken by them.In real life he would never be so lucky.
    Then we have Jaime. He's a more real character.I don't have much to say about him. His is the most believable character in the book.
   Poor Mara. So many problems and not many people to count on. Her parents are unknowingly the problem, her brothers can only do but so much, and her boyfriend's social reputation doesn't help her that much-although his money does make up for it.
   Jude, I hate as I should.But I also have pity for him because he is a victim just like Mara. I won't say how, but I feel that he is.
   I won't say anymore than that on this book.It was highly entertaining, intriguing, I picked it up and finished it in one day it was so good. I gave it a 5/5 stars on Goodreads.If asked, I would recommend this book to everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment