Monday, August 17, 2015

My Weekend,My Week Ahead

   Hi guys,
   A lighter blog post.Just me talking about my awesome weekend.First off I got my med problem fixed.I was off my anxiety medicine for a week because of computer issues.It's fixed,and I'm feeling better.Next up,I visited my oldest brother on Saturday.Really the group consisted of my husband and I with the kiddos,my youngest sister,youngest brother,and eldest brother.Apparently my husband thought I was kidding when I told him my older brother is rather large-in both height and stature.I hadn't seen him in a really long time guys.It was so good to see him again.Social media can only provide so much.I had a really good time.My brother was visiting from GA.He went back Sunday.The same day the hubs and I vegged out on the couch watching Manchester City vs.Chelsea on the telly.Alhamdullilah.A pretty good weekend in my book.

   But moving on to something that I have been looking forward to for months.The B-O-B.The Bout of Books readathon.For on beautiful week I will be reading with others from around the world.And I think I have a very exciting reading list planned for myself.

"A Darker Shade of Magic" (V.E.Schwab)
"The Wrath & The Dawn" (Renee Ahdieh)
"Uprooted" (Naomi Novik)
"Marly's Ghost" (David Levithan)
"An Ember In The Ashes" (Sabaa Tahir)
   These are all books that have been giving off "pick me up" signals since I'd gotten them.I had a hard time deciding between V.E. Schwab's "Vicious" and "A Darker Shade of Magic".  And I thought Marly's Ghost would just be a random quick read.I'd recently bought it.Solely because of the author and illustrator.And it's a pretty cute book too.The Archie comics are for when I need a break.I've been reaching for my Archies alot lately.I love Archie and the gang.
   As far as challenge participation I see so many I want to participate in,They all sound like fun.Let's just hope I can.And Twitter chats I never miss.I don't want to over do it,but I can't help it.There's the ideal and then there is my reality.And reality is I will be able to do maybe 2-3 challenges, and one twitter chat.I get busy with my self, family and house and sometimes reading has to wait.I probably won't even get through my entire readathon tbr.And it's okay with me.

   So there you have it.A life update,and B-O-B info.If you're waffling on joining in on the B-O-B I would say go for it.Basically it's just a read-your-butt-off-and-have-fun-while-doing-it-a-thon.You'll have lots of good fun,reading and sharing books,with a lot of great people.


Bout of Books 14 Sign-up: http://boutofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/bout-of-books-14-sign-up.html (Or just click the Bout of Books button)


No comments:

Post a Comment