Monday, May 13, 2013

Day One and I'm Feeling Fine

Assalamu Alaikum,
   The first day of the Bout of Books read-a-thon and I am right on target-a little ahead in fact. I am really enjoying Shadow and Bone.It reminds me of Clockwork Angel and the main protagonist Tessa. Both girls know nothing of who they really are, but everyone else does.And they are both unique within their own kind. I wish I could discuss more but I don't want to spoil it for those who have not read the books yet. Just know that it is a fascinating read. So fascinating that I reached my daily goal before the evening fell. Knowing me I just go ahead and finish the book tonight.
   I am surprised by the fact that today was so easy. Mondays are usually spent with me cleaning after a weekend of a full house.It's my busiest cleaning day of the week.It was fun alternating housework with reading breaks.Nonstop reading is no fun, and neither is nonstop cleaning.So they were reliefs for each other, and my Monday was fantastic.I do wish to maybe take on a challenge and see if I can win a prize,(or two). I wonder though if I would have the time to do one with a five month old rolling around and screaming all day. My son has discovered the joy of self mobility and his voice. Its cute, but as I write this I am so thankful for the silence. And the cats have come down from their perches and kitty condos-free to roam about the living room with no fear of their tails being pulled.
   So day two I welcome you.I am praying that its better than today.Hope you guys are having as successful a start and that you are meeting your daily goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment