Thursday, May 16, 2013

WEDNESDAY PROGRESS (5/15)

BOOK:The Twentieth Wife by Indu Sandaresan
COMPLETED
BOOKS READ TO DATE:2

BOOK:The Oracle Glass by Judith Merkle Riley
Page:59/521

   My second book I really enjoyed. Why wouldn't I? Its my genre .This book is Historical Fiction but more like non-fiction strung together with fictional filler.I had to keep in mind that the main female protagonist,although a real person, lived in a time and place where the goings on of women were not put to record.Unless, that is, they did something extreme.So the characters were real,but there was such large gaps that the author had to be creative in order to tell a cohesive story.I loved the story.All the intrigue associated with royalty, but none of the frustrating love triangles found in many YA books.Don't get me wrong-YA has found a spot in my heart and bookshelf.It definitely has a high entertainment value.But, I am 35 and love at my age is a whole lot different than that of a 15-18 yr old.
   I did keep getting the feeling that I had read the story before.Like I knew the plot,but I didn't know what was going to happen next.It could just be that when women in history found themselves leading such lives as our main female protagonist they may have just all followed the same recipe.Either way, it always makes for great reading.

http://www.boutofbooks.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment