Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Hogwart's Library- Review

The Tales of Beedle the BardThe Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

 How cute. A collection of short stories popular with children in the wizarding world. I found it interesting that while non magical stories, a.k.a fairy tales, tries to hide the truth- setting up an impossibly perfect world, the stories of HP's world tells their readers the truth. That magic is not the answer. And that by having two sides, it can be very unpredictable. I also liked the commentary by Albus Dumbledore. The history he added to each story was very interesting. So funny how, magical or not, books have always faced some pretty stiff scrutiny. Content believed to be questionable, who should be allowed to read them, and revision into more "palatable" version- all things that happen to both magical tales and muggle fairy tales. I really enjoyed this book.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find ThemFantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Very entertaining. The magic authorities have their work cut out between trying to keep magical beasts alive, and separated from non magical people. Not to mention the work of keeping the more dangerous completely isolated both from magical and non- magical people alike.


View all my reviews

Quidditch Through the AgesQuidditch Through the Ages by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

   Very interesting.I never thought there was so much to know about the sport.Considering its not a real sport, I am impressed with how J.K. Rowling came up with all the information.


View all my reviews





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment