Sunday, January 5, 2014

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children-Review

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine, #1)Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

   Loved it, loved it, loved! Scary, mysterious, intriguing, and sad. The most moving, and defining, moment was at the end when Enoch placed his "very best man" with Victor, pushed his man's head down with his thumb, and the man just goes to sleep. It was as if it this scene was saying this is not the end, only a small intersession-a rest. Soon our world will wake up again. I get a knot in my throat just thinking about it.
  The world of these peculiar children is so interesting. I don't think I will ever be able to go to a fair's sideshow without thinking about this book. And the pictures are so creepy. Without them the book wouldn't have been as good. Being able to see the peculiar children made the story more  believable. Seeing is believing . Isn't that the saying?



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment