Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The One That Made Me Cry

A Monster CallsA Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

   I thought this book was going to be scary. A Monster Calls. It should be scary right? I am in tears. A few years ago I was in the same place as Conner. This book just bought back all those raw emotions.
  People looking at you, but not seeing you. Lying to others so much that you'd slip up for just a moment and fool yourself also. Then come crashing back to reality when you remembered what you knew to be the truth. And then feeling guilty about it. Wreaking havoc whenever you could so others could get a clue as to how you felt, but getting an infuriatingly understanding response over and over. I find it ironic that John Green has a line on the front cover. The subject matter of The Fault In Our Stars,just like the subject matter of this book, is the reason why I can't bring myself to pick up his book. This is the last place I thought I would be faced with my greatest personal demons.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment